Christmas 2014 was the year of the Muffins!
This is the goodtoknow Muffin mix in a jar recipe:
- 400g self raising flour
- 275g soft light brown sugar
- 40g cocoa powder
- 2tsp baking powder
- 100g chocolate chunks
- 280ml milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 160ml olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 170oC.
- Line a 12 hole deep muffin tray with paper cases.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir lightly.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cases.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until springy to touch
- Cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Making the jars
In a 1 litre glass storage jar (I used IKEA Korken jars), layer the dry ingredients as follows:
- Half of the flour, plus the baking powder
- Half of the light brown sugar
- The cocoa powder
- Remaining flour
- Remaining light brown sugar
- Chocolate chunks
TIPS: Press down each layer (I couldn’t find a rolling pin, but the base of a wine glass worked well), and wipe the inside of the jar between layers.
Print a recipe tag onto card. Use a tag shaped paper punch to cut out the tags and punch a hole for the ribbon.
Attach the recipe tags with curling ribbon – I used IKEA FRAMSTÄLLA gift ribbon in blues and greens.