Having started the tradition in 2012 with Brownies in a Jar, it continued for Christmas 2013 with Choc Chip Cookies!
I can’t remember where I found the recipe originally!
- 250g plain flour
- 3/4tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g caster sugar
- 335g dark chocolate chips
- 110g light brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 170g butter
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, eggs and vanilla essence and beat until creamy. Add to the dry mixture
- Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 190oC oven for 8-10 minutes.
Making the jars
In a 1 litre glass storage jar (I used IKEA Korken jars), layer the dry ingredients as follows:
- Half of the plain flour, plus the bicarbonate of soda
- Half of the light brown sugar
- The caster sugar
- Remaining light brown sugar
- Remaining plain flour
- Chocolate chips
TIPS: Press down each layer after adding with the end of a rolling pin, and wipe the inside of the jar between layers.
Print a recipe label to stick on the jar. Try to do a better job than I did avoiding creases!
Decorate with curling ribbon to match.